We’re finally starting to see some nice weather in the valley, but while that does give many of us an option to at least start to wander around our yards, there are still many great options out there to see something new without going anywhere. Institutions all over the world have put up webcams to watch or virtual tours to take and it really runs the gambit from Legoland to the Louvre.
Here are some options for a virtual getaway:
- Let’s start with Legoland. Of course, it’s not the same as being there, but it is kind of fun to see it just the same!
- If you’ve always wanted to visit the Smithsonian but haven’t made the trip to DC, or if you’re missing it and want to make another virtual trip, you can do that here.
- If you’re a fan of zoos, the San Diego Zoo has some great choices for webcam viewing of their animals.
- Something I’ve always been fascinated by is the Winchester Mansion. They’re offering a virtual tour these days (though it does cost a little money).
- One of my favorite places to visit in Rome is the Galleria Borghese. And while you can’t capture the splendor of the museum itself without being there, you can peruse many of the works they display.
So, by all means, get outside and get some fresh air and vitamin D. We all need it after being cooped up inside for weeks. But don’t forget there are great options out there for virtual tours and sightseeing as well.
Stay safe, be well, and maybe learn or see something new!