Skip to main content

Welcome to the 702 Resource Center


Mon – Fri 8.00 – 5.00
Saturday – Sunday CLOSED

Email Us

Call Us

(218) 284-5702

FAQs & Support

Billing & Account Support

What are my options for paying my bill?
To help make paying your 702 bill easier and more convenient, 702 offers several free options for paying your bill. 

  • Pay Online –  With Smarthub, 702’s online billing system, customers with a valid email address can pay online with a credit card, debit card, or checking account. 

You’ll have the option to go completely paperless and be notified of your bill via email, or keep receiving a paper bill in the mail.

  • Download the App  – Apple & Google Play
  • Pay by Phone – Dial 218-284-5710 – available 24/7 to pay your monthly bill. You will need your 702 account number.
  • Autopay – You’ll still be able to receive and review your paper/email bills, but 702 will deduct the amount of your bill each month (15th of each month) from your selected bank checking account or charge the amount to a selected credit or debit card. 
  • Mail: Send your check with your name and account number to 702 Communications, 702 Main Ave, Moorhead, MN 56560.
  • Pay in Person – In addition to mailing in your payment, you can also visit 702’s office at 702 Main Ave in Moorhead during office hours. Dropbox is located in front of the storefront for after hours.

If you have questions or need guidance call 702 at 218-284-5702 or text us at 218-284-4702. We will help you sign up for any of these free billing options! 

What do the taxes and charges on my phone bill mean?

  • 911 Surcharge: A local government-mandated charge to fund emergency 911 services.
  • Federal Access Charge: A flat monthly charge, established by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
  • Telecom Relay Service Fund: A state charge used to fund relay centers and special equipment to assist the hearing and speech impaired.
  • Federal Universal Service Line Charge: A flat monthly charge, established by the FCC, assessed to bring affordable phone service to all Americans, regardless of where they live.
  • Federal, State, and Local Taxes: These charges are imposed according to government guidelines and passed on to/by the appropriate agencies.
  • County 911 These are fees collected by the counties to fund the 911 Emergency Phone System, the rates vary by county.

Why is my first bill higher than what I was expecting?
702 bills once a month and services are prorated from the connection date.  

When is my payment due?
Payments are due on the 15th of the month and become delinquent after the first of the following month. 

When are 702 bills sent out?
702 statements are mailed and emailed out on the first of the month. Keep in mind, USPS delivery times if expecting your bill by mail.

Who do I contact if I have more questions on my bill?
Just call 702 Communications at 218-284-5702, text us at 218-284-4702 or live chat us. A customer service representative will be happy to answer all your questions. 

Are there any setup fees or contracts?
No, we waive all setup fees or contracts required for new residential customers.

When should I call in to set up services?
We recommend contacting us 5-7 business days before your move in date. 

Do you have vacation rate or seasonal disconnect options?
Yes, customer who leave for the winter can put their services on a temporary suspend. Call 702 at 218-284-5702 or text us at 218-284-4702 to inquire.

How soon should I call in to have my services restored after being gone for the winter?
Please try to call in at least 5 business days ahead of time of when services are to be restored. This will allow our service technicians plenty of time to put it on their schedule.

Internet Support

Can I get broadband without a phone line?
Yes, you can get a standalone broadband, or TV services without a phone line. We have several options and bundles to fit your needs. 

What speed will I need for 4K streaming?
To stream 4K on one device, we recommend at least the 25Mbps speed. If you are using multiple devices, we recommend at least the 100Mbps speed. 

How do I test my broadband speed?

Why am I not getting my full speed?
Interference is a known culprit of slow speeds, even with a good router. In some cases, your neighbors may be on the same WiFi channel. Please notify our 24/7 helpdesk if you’re having trouble so we can get it resolved for you.

How much internet can I use before I run out or have to pay for more?
We do not have data caps. Our internet is unlimited usage. 

Can I provide my own equipment?
We recommend that you lease our wireless modem with managed WiFi for $8/mo. We have researched the best products and are able to fully support them. If you choose to purchase your own equipment, please contact us directly so we can advise based on your address.

What equipment do I need for your services?
You will need a router or a modem/router. Please contact us so we can give you the best recommendation based on your location.

Can I use my own modem?
You can install your own equipment; however, our support may be limited. When you lease a modem from 702, you will also get unlimited support for wi-fi management and interference issues.

What speed will I need for 4K streaming?
To stream 4K on one device, we recommend at least the 25Mbps speed. If you are using multiple devices, we recommend at least the 100Mbps speed.

TV Support

Do I need a satellite dish on my balcony?
No. Satellite dishes are already placed on the roof of each apartment building. 

Can I see which channels are included with my TV package

How many TV’s can I have connected?
Up to 4. 

Can I install the TV service myself?
No. A technician will need to deliver and install the TV receiver(s) and connect the proper wiring. 

Do you have an online channel guide? Click Here

I am having remote issues. Is there a troubleshooting guide?  Click Here

How do I program my remote to my new TV?  Click Here

Voice Services Support

Can I keep my current number?

How long does it take to get my phone number from another provider? 5-7 business days.

Do I need to call my current provider to cancel my service if I am switching to 702?
There is no need to contact your current provider if you are transferring your number to us. We will take care of notifying them. However, if you have other services from them you will want to cancel after your port is complete.

Can I check Voice Mail from anywhere?
Yes, you can check your Voice Mail remotely. Dial 218-284-6245 enter your 10-digit phone number and passcode. Download the Voice Mail guide here.

Tech Tips